October 1, 2011

Why I've Been MIA


I realize I haven’t posted in almost three months. I apologize for that.

Life has been pretty hectic. First of all, we moved to another state. Then once we arrived, we didn’t have a working range for three weeks. As you can imagine, that part was difficult for me. However, the real reason I haven’t had time to post is because I’ve been in full party planning mode.


Today we threw our little man his first birthday party. I may have gone a little overboard. Maybe. How many times do you get to celebrate making it through your child’s first year? Only once. So I put a lot of thought into the details and had a lot of fun doing so. 

On the menu was Alton Brown’s Macaroni and Cheese, potato rolls, crunchy pea salad, crudites, fresh fruit, pumpkin spice cake with vanilla buttercream and vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing. Yum and yum.


I made bunting!


I made lots of Bunting! Bunting is surprisingly easy to make.


I love these streamers.


Favor bags included a small plush toy, a juice box and a bag of goldfish crackers.


Ronan got his own 2-layer smash cake. I baked the layers in 4-ounce ramekins. Also, if you look really close, you can see the cupcakes got a tiny bit smooshed. Oh well, the frosting more than made up for it.



He tried to shove this entire handful in his mouth. That's my boy! 





No comments:

Post a Comment